The pneumonia vaccine is available at the CNS Healthcare Waterford Office (279 Summit Drive) through Genoa Pharmacy. Why should you get vaccinated?
- When you get vaccinated, it protects you and the community from life-threatening diseases.
- Getting vaccinated can save your family a lot of time and money.
- Getting vaccinated protects future generations.
Who should get the pneumonia vaccine?
- All adults 65 years of age and older.
- Anyone 19-64 years of age with certain long-term health problems (heart, liver, kidney, lung, sickle cell disease, diabetes, alcoholism, Nephrotic Syndrome, HIV/AIDS, cancer or damaged/absent spleen).
- Anyone 19-64 years of age with a weakened immune system.
- Adults 19-64 years of age who smoke cigarettes or have asthma.