Program will focus on fun, mentorship, and life skills development
March 2, 2023 (Oakland County, MI) – The most critical part of a child’s day begins after the final bell rings. Soccer for Success is an after-school program that is provided at no financial cost to participants and has proven to help kids establish healthy habits and develop critical life skills through trained coach-mentors and community engagement.
Soccer for Success is more than just soccer. Thanks to the partnership of CNS Healthcare, it will help provide deserving youth from the Pontiac and surrounding Oakland County areas with three key benefits:
- Learn about eating right and other ways to stay physically healthy
- Learn to have conversations about emotions, struggles, and successes to stay mentally healthy
- Gain important decision-making and relationship skills from interactions with coach-mentors and peers
- Learn soccer fundamentals and team sport basics
- Build confidence and recognize the value of hard work, teamwork, and persistence in achieving personal goals
- Preparation to be engaged positive members of their community
- Coach/Mentors meet with families regularly to educate parents and guardians about how to embrace an active and healthy lifestyle and nurture their child’s personal growth.
- Coach/Mentors will be trained in recognizing the signs of mental health disorders in kids and how to support all kids emotional and mental health.
- Local mental health resources will be provided to all families.
The Soccer for Success league is free, co-ed and offered to all Pontiac and Oakland County area 3rd through 5th grade boys and girls. The league utilizes evidence-based curriculum prepared by the U.S. Soccer Foundation. Teams will have weekly practice and Saturday league games. Uniforms and equipment will be provided. Practices begin the week of April 10th and games will be held on Saturdays at the brand-new field of Pontiac High School, 1051 Arlene Avenue. The Spring season ends with a community celebration on May 20th. Registration is open at sheriffpal.com àRegister àSoccer for Success link àSelect participating school or team.
“CNS is proud to partner with Oakland County Sheriff PAL program to enhance the healthy physical and mental learning experience for staff, students, and their families,” says CNS Healthcare President & CEO Michael Garrett. “We appreciate the opportunity to strengthen our communities through partnerships that recognize the value of and effectively incorporate mental health.”
Sheriff PAL celebrates CNS Healthcare’s partnership and the opportunity and access it helps provide to deserving local youth and families of the Pontiac and surrounding Oakland County area through relationships and recreation. Click here to learn more about SOCCER FOR SUCCESS or the U.S. SOCCER FOUNDATION.